Very prominent trading company located in Downtown Chicago is actively seeking a C++ Developer on Unix and Windows. This individual will be responsible for making a file, memory management, problem solving, and working with traders for any issues that may arise. The candidate will be focused to develop and design production systems such as support test architecture and will work with business representatives to improve the quality of the delivered product. Architecting and programming algorithmic trading systems and their associated tools.
Working closely with other developers and traders to gather requirements and understand the trades for which the applications are being developed.
Contribute to the engineering efforts of automating our daily processes, monitoring systems, and improving existing software.
- 7+ years programming experience in C++ with a strong understanding of object oriented design and dependency injection
- 2+ years experience working in an agile development environment (Scrum preferred)
- Strong understanding of and experience with concurrent and event driven programming
- Strong understanding of and experience with network programming including socket programming and multicasting
- Strong understanding of the STL and Boost libraries if your experience is in C++
- Experience with real-time messaging middleware such as TIBCO or Elvin is a plus, but not required
- Previous experience architecting and developing large enterprise applications and processing large amounts of data in real-time Experience developing electronic trading tools highly preferred