Our commodities group has seen phenomenal growth in the last few years and is currently one of the top 3 financial institutions in commodities globally. Having already expanded into the majority of available markets within Europe, the commodities group presence is now rapidly growing in the US and Asia Pacific.
The commodities IT application management team provides an end-to-end support service for all applications & users globally, both for the commodities business and IT teams. A follow the sun model is in place with local teams based in London, New York and Singapore, providing a 24x7 service. Being the primary contact point for all commodities IT issues, the team have high exposure to the front to back business teams on a daily basis.
Supporting a number of innovative and leading edge bespoke systems, as well as vendor products, the team work closely with the development & projects teams in rolling out new releases, which helps to ensure we are constantly challenged and increases the team**s experience and skills on a daily basis. The learning curve within the team, whilst very steep, is immensely rewarding and satisfying.
The frontline team is the face of the application management team. Responsible for the problem management and initial investigation of all support issues that are raised to the group, the frontline team face the business directly, liaising with users across the commodities world. In addition, the frontline team are tasked with monitoring of the production environment to pickup and resolve systems issues in a timely manner, as well as managing crises and ensuring effective communication to all stakeholders.
Please note that this is not a helpdesk role. We has a dedicated service desk for technical issues across the bank, and they will also raise issues direct to the frontline team..
Main Duties - Will include, but not limited to:
- Acting as the initial point of contact for all interaction with the business via phone, e-mail and speakerbus to record and track all issues raised to the AM team
- Monitoring the production environment using bespoke visualisation tools and system generated alerts to identify application or hardware issues
- Initial analysis and investigation of all issues (both user and system raised) through to resolution or escalation to the Development team
- Performing daily health checks to establish the integrity of the production environment
- Deploying database and application code changes to the production environment
- Maintenance of Application Management knowledge database
- Qualification / Education Required
- Degree in Computing Sciences or Information Systems
Proven track record working within an Application management/production environment.
Prior knowledge of the commodities business and the products traded in the US and European continental markets.
Skills / Aptitude Required:
- MS SQL Server
- Sybase / Transact SQL scripting
- Windows server administration
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to resolve issues in a high-pressure & time critical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive & enthusiastic team player
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Strong & independent learner
- Enthusiastic character who wishes to work closely with the business and further his/her knowledge
Skills / Aptitude Preferred:
Knowledge of the lifecycle of a trade as well as an understanding of financial concepts such as P&L, the greeks and volatility.